|Customer type||Universities Life Sciences Faculties, Scientific Institutes, corporate R&D departments|
|Customers||Professors, Senior Scientists, R&D directors|
|Geographical||30% North America, 30% Europe, 30% East Asia, 10% RoW|
|Summary of position||Strengthening the R&D team by contributing to the further development of core competencies, strengthening the value propositions, high level trouble shooting.|
|Key skillset||Extensive hands-on experience in high-tech R&D, structured problem solving, successful collaborating with engineers and scientists inside and outside (customers, suppliers, technology partners)|
|Key deliverables||Technical concepts, architectures, algorithms, solutions|
|Department||Research and Development|
|Contract type||Full-time with flexibility options|
|Salary||Competitive base salary & company bonus|
|Location||Head office: Maastricht, The Netherlands|
|Travel requirements||Up to 20%|
About the position
Your challenge will be making the very best of the following tasks and activities:
- Responsible for the further development of core competencies, optimization of key process steps in the sample preparation workflow, development of technical concepts, algorithms and applications software.
- Develop and execute protocols for appropriate testing, characterization and optimization of these processes and modules.
- Interact with applications to be the expert on key process steps and contribute core knowledge to optimize our sample preparation workflow for the customer specific sample.
- Continuously stay updated and informed on new sample preparation approaches, and propose novel concepts based on obtained knowledge, literature review and customer interaction.
- Responsible for substantiating novel concepts based on proof-of-principle experiments and analytical/computation models. Subsequently, translate these results into requirements for product development
- Proper documentation of project deliverables is key
Skills & experience
- Master’s degree in physics or mechanical engineering.
- Specific expertise in thermal engineering and/or fluid dynamics is desirable.
- Preferably, experience in data/signal/image processing, e.g. in MATLAB or Python.
- Ideally worked with Finite Element Analysis (COMSOL preferred).
- English is at a full professional proficiency level, both spoken and written.
- Highly motivated team player, have a creative, self-starting ‘can-do mentality’; you are customer focused, communicate effectively with your internal and external network
- Perform work in a structured way, are organized, well-planned, disciplined and eager to keep learning.
- A pivotal role at a fast-growing high-tech company with a global market.
- Opportunity to shape and steer career based on interests and values
- Strong professional and personal development opportunities.
- To become a valued member of our multi-cultural and entrepreneurial team.
How to apply
- Qualified candidates are invited to apply directly via email email@example.com and specify ‘Junior Development Engineer’ in the subject line.
- Please include your resume and motivational cover letter.
- There will be no response to acquisition activities of recruitment companies based on this advertisement.