|Market||Industry and academia|
|Customer type||Universities, government research labs, industrial/corporate R&D departments|
|Customer persona||EM researchers (PhD/Post-doc), R&D directors, lab technician|
|Geographical||Global: 30% North America, 30% Europe, 30% East Asia, 10% RoW|
|Summary of position||Work in applications team to deliver functional and performing systems. Perform innovative projects with key collaborators and contribute in optimizing sample preparation workflow for SPA cryoEM|
|Key skillset||CryoEM, communication skills.|
|Key deliverables||Customer support and collaboration|
|Reporting to||Applications, R&D, Business development|
|Contract type||Full-time with flexibility options|
|Salary||Competitive base salary & company bonus|
|Location||Head office: Maastricht, The Netherlands|
|Travel requirements||Up to 30%|
About the position
Your challenge will be making the best of the following tasks and activities:
- Support customers in vitrification of samples using the VitroJet, loading samples into the cryoTEM and subsequent screening and image analysis to determine optimal preparation
- Contribute and optimize workflow development in sample preparation for single particle analysis
- On-site training and troubleshooting for systems delivered.
- Extensive interaction with launching customers to aid in training as well as project execution.
- Closely supporting customers to ensure the best quality results, and a highly productive operation
- Exploring application potential of the VitroJet through close collaboration with customers and involvement in projects
- Stay up to date on latest sample preparation approaches and propose novel concepts based on obtained knowledge, literature review and customer interaction
Skills & experience
- Requires an advanced degree: MSc with relevant experience (3+ years) or PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics or Structural Biology
- Knowledge and hands on experience of cryoEM sample perparation, understanding and ability to operate high end cryoEM is preferred
- Capacity to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong communicative and inter-cultural skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Motivated team player with a passion for building relationships, candidate is customer focused and can communicate effectively.
- Organized, disciplined and eager to keep learning.
- A pivotal role at a fast-growing high-tech company with a global market.
- Opportunity to shape and steer career based on interests and values
- Strong professional and personal development opportunities.
- To become a valued member of our multi-cultural and entrepreneurial team.
How to apply
- Please first visit www.cryosol-world.com.
- For more information please contact:
Giulia Weissenberger: +31 6 18 58 66 05, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bas Lemmens: +31 6 52 01 72 11, email@example.com
- Qualified candidates are invited to apply directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify ‘Application Engineer’ in the subject line.
- Please include your resume and motivational cover letter.
- There will be no response to acquisition activities of recruitment companies based on this advertisement.