|Title||Administrative assistant (part-time)|
|Market||Research market: life sciences|
|Customer type||Universities, government research labs, industrial/corporate R&D departments|
|Customer persona||EM researchers (PhD/Post-doc), R&D directors, lab technician|
|Geographical||Global: 30% North America, 30% Europe, 30% Asia, 10% RoW|
|Summary of position||Perform administrative and organizational tasks at CryoSol-World.|
|Key skillset||Communication skills, organizational skills, discipline|
|Key deliverables||Execution of administrative and organizational processes at CryoSol-World.|
|Contract type||Part-time: 20 hr/week|
|Location||Head office: Maastricht, The Netherlands|
CryoSol-World (CryoSol) is a leading developer of sample preparation technology for cryo-electron microscopy. CryoSol was founded in March 2018 by scientists and entrepreneurs with a track record in the field of cryo-EM and originates from research performed at Maastricht University, the Netherlands.
CryoSol is founded on research executed at Maastricht University (MU), dating back to the early 90’s of the previous century, when a device for automated vitrification of very thin samples, the ‘Vitrobot’, was developed. The Vitrobot rapidly proved to be a fitting solution for vitrification and became the standard for sample preparation for cryo-EM. Since the development of the Vitrobot, MU has been developing next generation sample preparation technology and applications for the cryo-EM workflow to study single particles, cells and organoids. This has resulted in the technology that is at the foundation of the VitroJet, the sample preparation solution that is developed into a commercial product by CryoSol.
CryoSol aims to become a global technology leader in sample preparation technology for cryo-EM single particle analysis, cryo-electron tomography, cell biology, soft matter research and liquid phase electron microscopy, enabling scientists, researchers and engineers in their quest to vitrify their samples of interest, allowing high quality imaging and reconstruction.
Cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) plays a key role in unraveling the three-dimensional structure of macromolecules and their cellular functions. This knowledge contributes to developing new medicines and treatments for diseases. Vitrification of biological materials is required to preserve the biological samples in their native state. Optimization of the sample preparation process greatly contributes to workflow effectiveness and efficiency. Cryo-EM will shift from ‘high content’-technology to ‘high throughput’-solution, in which sample preparation is the key enabling technology. CryoSol is dedicated to providing high-end sample preparation solutions.
About the position
Your challenge will be making the very best of the following tasks and activities:
- Purchase order management (preparing purchase orders based on quotations, tracking and updating purchase order status, processing incoming packages or deliveries).
- Support project administration (e.g. provide monthly update on time registration, project budget, etc.)
- Scheduling meetings and appointments with (prospective) customers and partners.
- Organizing company travel: car rental as well as multiple day trips worldwide.
- Organizing events e.g. company attendance at conferences and scientific symposia.
- Point of contact for customers and partners (accepting phone calls and hosting visitors).
- Suggesting ways to improve administrative processes.
Skills & experience
- Secondary vocational to higher professional education as an administrative assistant or similar.
- Ideally, you have up to 5-6 years’ relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office, willingness to become proficient in Exact software.
- Your English is at a full professional proficiency level, both spoken and written.
- You are highly motivated team player.
- You are organized, disciplined and eager to keep learning.
- You can communicate effectively.
- A pivotal role at a fast-growing high-tech company with a global market.
- Strong professional and personal development opportunities.
- To become a valued member of our multi-cultural and entrepreneurial team.
How to apply
- Please first visit www.cryosol-world.com.
- Qualified candidates are invited to apply directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org specify ‘administrative assistant (part-time)’ in the subject line.
- Please include your resume and motivational cover letter.
- There will be no response to acquisition activities of recruitment companies based on this advertisement.
- For more information please contact:
- Emile Asselbergs COO: +31 6 51 61 70 83, email@example.com
- Bart Beulen, CTO: +31 6 18 58 66 04, firstname.lastname@example.org.