What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Lead Software Architect, responsible for leading the software development performed at CryoSol-World. A top achiever who will join our R&D team on a full-time basis. You have extensive expertise in software development and leading software development projects. You are passionate about solving problems and developing product features. You can bring your full expertise in to our software and build your own software team. You easily take your leading role and you are equally flexible and open-minded while working closely together with customers, partners and colleagues around the world.
- Own the software architecture.
- Define the architecture of the future, and lead our developments towards that architecture.
- Lead the software development at CryoSol-World.
- Lead the software development work at our engineering partners,
- Be responsible for the technical side of our software development roadmap in close discussion with our product managers.
- Be responsible for executing the software development roadmap, e.g. achieving milestones and deliverables with respect to functionality and usability (e.g. integration of new functionality, GUI upgrades, etc.).
- Deliver robust and maintainable software; you will be continuously improving the way-of-working in software development to ensure as such.
- Ensure proper documentation of project deliverables.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or engineering and 5+ years of software development experience.
- Knowledge and experience in leading a software development project and working collaboratively to meet project and organizational goals and have a proven ability to deliver high-quality, tested software on time.
- Extensive experience and a deep level of understanding of software architecture design.
- Experience with formal software development life cycle processes, e.g. issue tracking, documentation and source code management.
- Proven experience with programming in C#/.NET Framework, WPF, MVVM in application development environments.
- Preferably experience with MATLAB and Python.
- Preferably experience in scientific computing/algorithm development.
- Preferably (domain) knowledge of business area High-Tech Machinery.
- A flexible, open-minded, team player attitude while working closely together with customers, partners and colleagues.
- A full professional proficiency level in English, both spoken and written
- A structured way of working.
What we offer
CryoSol is a company where high-tech heroes collaborate on helping structural biologists with their challenges to make superior samples. We get excited about CryoSol’s unique pin printing technology, superior cooling rates, nanometer deposition precision, plasma cleaning and automation of workflows. We are flexible, open-minded team players who thrive on sharing knowledge and value the contributions of customers, partners, and colleagues around the world. Together we can help life scientists in their quest to achieve groundbreaking research that will make a lasting difference in life. And we value this with a very competitive salary and secondary employment conditions.