What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Development Engineer on a full-time basis. A top achiever who will be responsible for the further development of core competencies, optimization of key process steps in the sample preparation workflow, development of technical concepts, algorithms and applications software. You will strengthen the R&D team by contributing to the further development of core competencies, strengthening the value propositions, high level trouble shooting. You are flexible and open-minded while working closely together with customers, partners and colleagues around the world.
- Develop and execute protocols for appropriate testing, characterization and optimization of these processes and modules.
- Interact with Applications to be the expert on key process steps and contribute core knowledge to optimize our sample preparation workflow for the customer specific sample.
- Continuously stay updated and informed on new sample preparation approaches, and propose novel concepts based on obtained knowledge, literature review and customer interaction.
- Be responsible for substantiating novel concepts based on proof-of-principle experiments and analytical/computation models. Subsequently, translate these results into requirements for product development.
- Deliver proper documentation of project deliverables.
- A Master’s degree in physics or mechanical engineering.
- Specific expertise in thermal engineering and/or fluid dynamics is desirable
- Extensive hands-on experience in high-tech R&D, structured problem solving, successful collaborating with engineers and scientists inside and outside (customers, suppliers, technology partners).
- Preferably, experience in data/signal/image processing, e.g. in MATLAB or Python.
- Ideally worked with Finite Element Analysis (COMSOL preferred).
- A flexible, open-minded, team player attitude while working closely together with customers, partners and colleagues.
- A structured way of working and you are organized, well-planned, disciplined and eager to keep learning.
- A full professional proficiency level in English, both spoken and written.
What we offer
CryoSol is a company where high-tech heroes collaborate on helping structural biologists with their challenges to make superior samples. We get excited about CryoSol’s unique pin printing technology, superior cooling rates, nanometer deposition precision, plasma cleaning and automation of workflows. We are flexible, open-minded team players who thrive on sharing knowledge and value the contributions of customers, partners, and colleagues around the world. Together we can help life scientists in their quest to achieve groundbreaking research that will make a lasting difference in life. And we value this with a very competitive salary and secondary employment conditions.