What we’re looking for
We are looking for Application Engineers on a full-time basis. You are the Application expert in providing support to our customers. You are organized, disciplined and eager to keep learning. You easily build relationships with customers and key scientists with whom you share your passion for science and cryo-EM. You are flexible and open-minded while working closely together with customers, partners and colleagues around the world.
- Help existing customers to get maximum value from their VitroJet for their cryo-EM workflow.
- Perform demonstrations in the demo lab of CryoSol-World and at customer sites to support sales both online and in person.
- Perform customer acceptance tests at the customer site.
- Work with key customers to optimize the total workflow with the ultimate goal to make cryo-EM a high throughput technique.
- Support Product Management in the product creation process.
- Develop and maintain the Applications Road Map for sample preparation in cryo-EM based on input from leading customers.
- Participate in relevant conferences and workshops to promote our cryo-EM solutions and, more specifically, our VitroJet.
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Biology, Physics, Biochemistry, Molecular Sciences, or related fields combined with relevant working experience (3+ years).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of cryo-EM sample preparation, understanding and ability to operate high-end cryo-electron microscopes is preferred.
- Experience in successfully vitrifying biological specimens.
- Preferably been involved in various cryo-microscopy projects.
- The capability to write articles in scientific and trade journals.
- A flexible, open-minded, team player attitude while working closely together with customers, partners and colleagues.
- Skills in computer aided design, Lab View, MatLab and simulation Software.
- A full professional proficiency level in English, both spoken and written.
What we offer
CryoSol is a company where high-tech heroes collaborate on helping structural biologists with their challenges to make superior samples. We get excited about CryoSol’s unique pin printing technology, superior cooling rates, nanometer deposition precision, plasma cleaning and automation of workflows. We are flexible, open-minded team players who thrive on sharing knowledge and value the contributions of customers, partners, and colleagues around the world. Together we can help life scientists in their quest to achieve groundbreaking research that will make a lasting difference in life. And we value this with a very competitive salary and secondary employment conditions.